The plant produces nitrocellulose, nitroglycerin and spherical powder, and its laboratories carry out chemical, physical and ballistic tests on propellants, raw materials, etc.
The plant was established in 1893, originally called Regio Polverificio Sul Liri,over an area of more than 64 hectares with a completely independent electric power and water supply. It is located in the Liri river valley, in southern Lazio, midway between Rome and Naples.
123 people: military and civil
MoD, Simmel, Baschieri&Pellagri
UNI EN ISO 9001; ISO 14001; OHSAS 18001; all propellants come with CE mark; authorized to classify pyrotechnics in accordance with ADR regulations, for road transport purposes.
Nytrocellulose; nitroglycerin; spherical powder for small arms and mortars; electric power; renovation of propelling charges.
Safety tests on propellants,, performance tests on cartridges; center for the continuous monitoring of propellants; nitrocellulose for paints; acceptance tests on pyrotechnics.