To achieve the economic objectives, AID aims to add value to Defense assets, by strengthening its entire organization. Infact, the management has set a “new Business model” in order to gather the industrial plants in five Business Units:
Explosives and Ammunitions,
Land and Air Transport,
Chemical Pharmaceutical Institute,
In line with the Competitiveness Plan, the “new Business model” is being implemented through the following steps:
-Performance of the industrial plants for local and international defense administration suppliers – for which the defense administration has an interest in acquisition of related products/services – with the sale of all or part of the credit accumulated for the administration defense itself;
-Creation of extra-budget in favor of the defense by purchasing products and services to such providers;
-Remuneration of AID, in relation to the credit transferred, through the sale of second-hand military equipment.
The advantages resulting from the “new Business model” are to be found in expanding the volume of business through the optimization and exploitation of resources available “in-house” and made accessible to the italian armed forces from AID and, consequently, with the opportunity of more resources for the purchase of new products and services.
The model is intended to leverage the strenghts of the entire organization, namely:
– Accountability and development of human resources through training sessions based on business goals;
– Improvement of industrial processes and expansion of existing products/services on national and international market;
– Improvement of customer satisfaction based on products/services delivered on time;
– Accurate collaboration with stakeholders to create a competitive advantage in the marketplace and to the benefit of the italian armed forces;
– Development of new products or services in order to effectively exploit the industrial potential benefit of AID and MoD;
– Improvement of the organization through a distribution of the activities in Business Unit and a new management structure.